Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Director, E-Commerce and Client Service in our Birks Corporate Office, located in Downtown Montreal, you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
This a Full time temporary position for a maternity leave replacement 1 year.
Under the general supervision of the VP, Birks Brand & Chief Marketing Officer, the Director, E-Commerce and Client Service is responsible for achieving the eCommerce sales plan and growth objectives, including eCommerce growth in US and international markets, working in close collaboration with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Brand Management, Planning and IT. The incumbent will also lead eCommerce integrations and the product development roadmap to achieve omnichannel and commercial goals. Additionally, the incumbent oversees the management of online product assortment and e-merchandising, as well as Client Service, ensuring that customer service levels are achieved. He/she will supervise the Manager, E-Commerce & Client Service and Client Service team.
To do so, the Director, E-Commerce and Client Service will be expected to…
- Grow Birks Group eCommerce channel by focusing on Birks collections and key third party brands in Canada and by supporting wholesale growth
- Develop and deploy a multi-year plan to grow Canadian eCommerce revenues, as well as US and International market eCommerce revenues
- Develop strategies, sales plan, budgets and forecasting to achieve e-commerce sales objectives and continue to grow eCommerce channel in an omnichannel approach
- Develop and monitor sales performance and eCommerce KPIs (conversion, AOV, traffic, etc.)
- Lead promotional events on e-commerce channel and create seamless omchichannel experience between e-commerce and brick and mortar stores (Sale, Client Appreciation, Black Friday/Cyber Monday)
- In collaboration with Marketing, develop customer acquisition and retention strategies to drive sales growth, as well as strategies to drive online traffic and sales via SEM/SEO, email marketing, social media, display advertising and other online media
- In collaboration with IT, develop technological infrastructure to support omnichannel, eCommerce platform and capabilities to support growth plans
Commercial Product Roadmap & Website Performance
- Lead eCommerce product roadmap functionalities and web integrations to support commercial strategy and ensure optimal customer experience
- Maximize omnichannel process through IT infrastructure, leading ERP integrations that leverage ecommerce sales in brick and mortar stores (e.g. click and collect, commission structure, etc.)
- Monitor website performance and speed, ensuring optimizations during key peak traffic periods and promotional events
- Oversee website maintenance and resolution of bugs in collaboration with web development agency
- Oversee management of eCommerce product assortment, as well as online inventory and pricing of all Birks and third party collection product lines, in collaboration with Brand Management and Planning & Procurement teams
- Work closely with Brand Management and Marketing departments to implement effective product selection and merchandising in order to ensure optimal placement and promotion, and ensure third party guidelines are met
- Oversee e-merchandising of website, including addition of new products on eCommerce store and changes to existing products, as well as presentation of product categories and optimization of site architecture to achieve business goals
- Oversee maintenance of product information online, including product descriptions, images, attributes, shipping restrictions, product categories, titles, pricing and any enhanced product content as well as SEO updates, redirects, site errors and more
- Oversee setup, execution, and reporting of site promotions
- Set the strategic direction to ensure excellent customer service at every interaction with a customer
- Oversees omnichannel customer support, supporting inquiries from brick and mortar and ecommerce channels
- Ensure initiatives are taken to nurture customer relationships
- Define and monitor KPIs for the Client Service team
- Continuous improvement of customer service
- Implement on-going product training, cross-trainings with Retail, etc. for Client Service team
- Implement and oversee order fulfillment process, ensuring alignment with omnichannel vision
Our ideal candidate has…
- Bachelor’s degree in E-Commerce, Business, Marketing or similar
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a similar position
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Creative and autonomous
- Strong organizational skills & ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent analytical and reporting experience
- Proven success managing cross-functional teams and external agencies to accomplish key goals
- Ability to set and manage budgets, sales targets and KPIs
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of SEO and SEM
- Fluently bilingual in French and English (highly preferred)
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to present at a senior management level
- Knowledge of Magento and Microsoft Dynamics D365, an asset
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
- Employee discounts
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?