Diamonds are part of our culture and so are internships.
We believe that on hand learning is essential in the development and success of tomorrow’s talent. YOU, our future interns, are our diamonds in the rough.
As an Intern – Research and business development you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated environment that values excellence, hard work and team work.
*** This is a Temporary 6 week paid Internship***
The Intern – Research and business development must have strong analytical, problem solving and verbal and written communication skills. Detailed-oriented, consistently meet deadlines, and work well within a team environment. Strong planning, organizational and critical thinking skills are also beneficial for those working in this field.
The Intern – Research and business development is expected to...
- Conduct research and analysis relating to visitors spending in Canada as compared to certain other countries.
- Perform analysis of past, current and projected data with respect to visitors spending in Canada.
- Research potential correlation between spending and other factors including tax treatment of Canadian spending by visitors.
- Research and analyse data and information from a number of different sources nationally and internationally.
- Other research and analysis, at could be deemed applicable.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Is currently in their 2nd year study for their MBA (Master’s Business Administration).
- Has a bachelor’s degree in supply chain, BI, accounting, finance or any other related field.
- 2+ years research and analysis
- Basic understanding of federal policies, Federal legislation and or federal tax laws.
- Comfortable using Windows, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, & Excel
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Work independently in a fast paced customer service environment
-Fluent english and french written and communication
After an internship at Birks, your experience will definitely be an asset to enter the job market and outshine your competition just like our stunning Birks diamonds!