Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Manager, Creative Content at the Birks Head office, you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Manager, Creative Content contributes to the creative vision set forth for Birks Group’s content ecosystem. The Manager Creative Content will be responsible for supporting the Creative Director in his tasks, ideating concepts, designing brand and product sales and support material for all mediums (including web sites, social media platforms, other online channels traditional print platforms), as well as managing and coaching the Graphic Designer and other freelancers.
To do so the Manager Creative Content, will be expected to…
-Support the Creative Director in their task, and work with them to develop and present creative art work that respects the brand’s strategic creative platform.
- Under the direction of the Creative Director, ideate and execute concepts of their own
- Manage the Graphic Designer in their workload and quality of work
- Manage and coordinate the Marketing department’s freelancers
- Serves as point person for the day-to-day delivery of the creative projects
- Supports the Marketing team in the design and execution of digital and print materials including web & social media visuals, marketing campaigns, various print documents, and in-store POP.
- Produce creative assets to be used on Birks web sites (running on a Magento platform) and for all social media channels (including video content for Instagram stories and other short video clips for web, YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
- Oversee photo retouching for jewellery product shots as well as on-model images.
- Assist on various creative projects within the company.
- Maintain and oversee brand guidelines documents and ensure brand standards are respected and applied to all graphic elements.
- Interpret creative briefs into conceptual ideas.
- Prepare files for pre-press and production.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Diploma in Computer Design, Graphic Design or Creative Arts
- Experience in art direction, brand development and design
- Proficient in latest Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and MS Office
- Strong creative, conceptualization and layout skills
- Experience in digital design
- Strong attention to detail, flexibility and analytical skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Excellent understanding of printing requirement
- Strong autonomy and self-motivated
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer
- Competitive earnings
- Social benefits
- Wellness program
- Award and recognition programs
- Innovative and unique training programs
- Employee discounts
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?