Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Merchandise Coordinator for the Birks Corporate office, located in Downtown Montreal you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
Working under the Planning & Procurement Analyst, the Merchandise Coordinator will be a crucial member of the team providing key administrative support and working collaboratively with Buyers and Planners to manage the inventory throughout the business to maximize sales. You’ll be analytical, with a keen eye for detail and a well-organized approach. Duties include UPC & Purchase Order creation and maintenance, inventory management, liaising with vendors.
To do so, the Merchandise Coordinator will be expected to handle 3 key elements…
- Manage and follow-up Purchase Orders
- Communicate with Vendors on order status, invoicing, shipping issues & quality control rejections and returns
- Manages RTV process – product recall, procedures, preparation of export documents and vendor follow-up
- Create UPCs and responsible for maintaining attributes
Assortment & Allocation
- Generate and analyse reports, update model stock levels and maximize store inventory.
- Executing allocation and transfers
- Coordinate inventory adjustments as needed with stores and Inventory Control
- Establish strong relationships with cross-functional team and stores in order to better understand merchandising strategies and needs of the business.
- Provide administrative support to the Planning & Procurement function and assisting the team with weekly, seasonal and ad-hoc analysis
Our ideal candidate has…
- College or university degree Business
- 1-2 years experience in similar role within Retail ideally as a Merchandising Administrator
- Allocator or Coordinator
- Excellent organisation skills, able to use initiative and to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literate – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Excel
- Flexible, self motivated and enthusiastic
- Bilingual preferred: French and English (spoken/written).
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
- Competitive earnings, including commissions and bonuses
- Social benefits
- Wellness program
- Award and recognition programs
- Innovative and unique training programs
- Employee discounts
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?