Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Social Media Manager, at the Birks Head office, you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Omnichannel Marketing, the Manager, Social Media is responsible for strengthening and supporting Birks’ presence across all social channels, including through the management of content creation, management of communities and contribution to our paid social strategy. The role will ensure audience engagement and growth is taking place while respecting the brand’s aesthetic and standards.
To do so, the Manager, Social Media will be expected to…
- Define and implement social media strategies to increase brand awareness, audience, and customer engagement using competitive research and audience identification.
- Apply a unique, brand-right voice and aesthetic that considers the differing roles of each social media
- Build and maintain all social media platforms with the goal of maximizing engagement while ensuring that content adheres to brand aesthetic and standards.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Collaborate on the Company’s paid social marketing activities in partnership with the Manager, User Interface and Digital Marketing.
- Expand brand’s presence by executing digital word-of-mouth programs and strategic influencer partnerships.
Partner with Manager, User Interface and Digital Marketing to maximize anchoring opportunities between Birks website(s) and social platforms, including the ‘blog’ section for 1879 by Birks Magazine.
- Lead new customer acquisition projects and launches of new social tools or opportunities.
- Work with PR Director to cultivate relationships with and manage outreach to influencers and select partners to secure brand-enhancing coverage.
- Plan monthly social media calendar to promote products, events, and brand initiatives in line with the Go-to-Market calendar and Annual Marketing Plan.
- Collaborate with internal and external creative team (photographers, copywriters, graphic designers) on content creation.
- Ongoing improvement leveraging data capture and analysis of appropriate social metrics, insights and best practices.
- Track and measure reach and impact of social media activities by establishing metrics and goals, benchmarking against competitors, and presenting insights on weekly and monthly basis.
- Stay informed on the constantly changing landscape of social media, spotting industry trends, best practices, emerging technologies, and risks.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or Administration
- 5-6 years experience in Social Media Marketing
- Experience in Community Management an asset
- Experience in copy-writing and/or content creation an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of SEO and SEM
- Mastering of social media tools and platforms
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team player
- Bilingual: French and English (spoken/written)
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?